Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's beginning to feel a lot like...

...morning sickness. Blurg.

I haven't gotten sick yet, but for the past two days (5w5-6d), I've been battling bouts of extreme nausea, and not just in the morning!

Today, a co-worker stopped at my desk with her hot sandwich from the cafeteria, and the smell alone made me want to upchuck in my trash can. It was awful. Then I went down to the cafeteria for lunch and it smelled so overwhelmingly of fried food that I just turned around and left. I got a giant green salad from the deli upstairs - these days, that's been a reliable pick for me.

It seems to be worst either right after I've eaten a relatively large meal, or when I've gotten too hungry. Sometimes it's just random, though. I was describing to my mom this afternoon how the thought of the salmon I was supposed to make for dinner tonight just was not sitting well with me, when I had to abruptly stop that line of conversation and change subjects - it was making me nauseous to think about the salmon!

I'm certainly not going to complain about the morning sickness, though. I've read that it's a good sign all is well with the baby. Even better, if I just feel queasy but never throw up, I'll be thrilled!

For now, I have to figure out what to do with this salmon... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment