Saturday, April 16, 2011

Four Weeks (and one day)

Yesterday marked the four week point (how is that possible?!), and I had my first beta test. Results: 265! RE & Co. said that's a great number, and I go back Monday for beta #2. I hear that at this point the levels should be doubling about every two days. If that's true, then by Monday I should be at around 1000 - fingers crossed!

Let's see. I think I should add a little tracker here to keep tabs on my progress and to remember all of the crazy things happening to me! I'll try to update weekly (though this assumes I'm not passing out somewhere, stuffing my face, inexplicably crying, or forgetting everything).

Week: 4
Weight: +1
Symptoms: swollen & sore breasts, extreme exhaustion, heightened (really, really heightened) sense of smell, hungry ALL the time, occasional dizziness, weird (anxiety-ridden) dreams, and crying jags that start for no (or very little) reason
Current Obsession: fruit, french toast, biscuits, salmon, and peas
Current Aversion: beef, eggs, and anything greasy
Thinking About: finding some really comfortable bras, and also how and when to tell our families

Edited to Add: Beta #2 (18dpo) was 2,691! We are for sure pregnant. Our first ultrasound (to check placement, size, and hopefully see a heartbeat) is May 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment