Thursday, May 5, 2011

Seven Weeks!

I seem to have completely missed the Week 6 check-in. Oops! It was a really busy week, so the quick update: I spent most of Week 6 in Orlando for a big work meeting. It wasn't a very taxing trip (a mix of meetings, great speakers, meals, down time, and pampering), but I missed Mr. B and the furbabies while I was gone. I got home last night and was so relieved. Symptoms have been pretty mild, and I've been lucky to not have any major morning sickness so far! My taco craving is still going strong, and I'd add those Magnum ice cream bars, fruit of any kind, and mac & cheese with broccoli to the line-ups as well. Foods that gross me out keep varying by the day, but still can't stomach eggs or fried foods, and most seafood sounds just disgusting to me.

Today we marked two big milestones in one: we hit Week Seven and had our first ultrasound! We've been on pins and needles, as we were desperately hoping for one healthy, growing little baby in there. Luckily, we spotted it right away, and the doctor said everything looks perfect! We were so relieved to see our little blueberry of a baby with its flickering, fluttering little heart beating away at 143 bpm - right on track. Crown to rump measurements was 9.5 mm (just right for 7 weeks). Our due date was bumped around a bit and according to the doctor it's 12/24 - could be a Christmas baby!

Here's the tracker:

Week: 7
Weight: No Change
Baby is the Size of a(n): Blueberry
Symptoms: swollen & sore breasts, still tired, still hungry ALL the time, still struggling to sleep, mild nausea (especially when I get hungry), and still riding an emotional roller coaster (the waterworks are never far away)
Current Obsession: asparagus, tacos, Velveeta Shells & Cheese with broccoli, chocolate-covered ice cream bars, fruit
Current Aversion: beef, eggs, and anything greasy (this hasn't changed)
Thinking About: scheduling our first OB appointment, planning the nursery, and telling our families!

No comments:

Post a Comment