Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ten Weeks!

Time's flying now! I can't believe we're already in the home stretch of the first trimester. Sometimes it doesn't even seem like I'm pregnant, and other times it hits me like a ton of bricks. I don't think I've ever been happier.

Let's see, what sorts of events do I have to tell you about this week?

  1. Sickest week yet - several rounds of sickness this week, including an unfortunate miss in a public restroom and the end of my love affair with coffee. The details of the first one are too gross to share, but I'll explain the second. I had a pretty bad headache this week and have found the only thing that helps is caffeine (which I've been completely off of for almost 6 months now). Last time it was a Coke that helped but we didn't have any this week and I had to get to work, so Mr. B made me a latte. I set the glass down after tossing back the little drink and immediately said, "Ooh. I don't feel well." Seconds later I had my head in the toilet... not the best way to start the day AND I didn't even get the benefit of the caffeine for my headache! Anyway, yes, I definitely have full-blown morning sickness now.
  2. Farewell skinny jeans - well, not really, but some of my pants that are tighter in the waist are getting snug (honestly, I think it's because I've been so bloated). I have almost no perceptible bump, so this just feels like an insult. Soon people will start thinking I'm getting fat, I just know it.
  3. Another year behind us - Mr. B and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday. Hard to believe it's been so long, but life just keeps getting better. I wouldn't change a thing about our journey and I love him more than ever. Crazy that next year we'll have a 5-month old when we celebrate our 7th anniversary. :)
  4. Swinging a hammer - again, not really, but we are digging in to some of our projects around the house. We ordered a dumpster and plan to spend the long weekend filling it with the last of the basement demo and the river rock from what used to be our planting beds (and will soon be lawn). We've got a sprinkler guy coming to add another run to our system for the new section of our lawn, then we'll be planting grass and exponentially increasing the size of our back yard - exciting! After doing a little planting this weekend and tidying up the rest of the landscaping, we'll officially be good outside the house and ready to start tackling the basement!
  5. The big reveal - I'm working on a cute way of sharing our big news with the rest of our family and friends... more to come, but I think it'll be super special!
Okay - on to the tracker!

Week: 10
Weight: +3 (total)
Baby is the Size of a(n): Prune!
Symptoms: swollen & sore breasts, still super tired, usually hungry but less famished, full-blown morning sickness, and moodiness (cranky and short or crying for little reason... truly flabbergasting)
Current Obsession: mac & cheese, hot dogs(!), chocolate-covered ice cream bars, grapefruit, oranges, blueberries, cherries, pancakes, salad with tangy vinaigrette, grape tomatoes, and sour candy (Lemon candy, but I'm desperate to find actual Lemon Heads somewhere)
Current Aversion: beef, eggs, seafood, and anything greasy (this hasn't changed) and now coffee
Thinking About: our next ultrasound (June 10), whether we're having a boy or girl, our big reveal surprise, picking nursery furniture, starting a registry and dreaming up names

No comments:

Post a Comment