Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Eleven Weeks!

It was a relatively easy week, all told. It was probably the most tired I've felt so far, but I otherwise felt pretty good. I hear that I should be in the home stretch now in terms of the unpleasant symptoms, so I'm hopeful that brighter days are right ahead

The highlight of the week was doing some shopping for new clothes, including - best of all - new bras! I feel like a new person because my clothes fit me and maybe I don't look like such a stuffed sausage. :) I certainly feel better!

Also in the appearance front, I chopped some bangs into my hair on Friday. Holy cow, it was a big change for me, and as those long locks dropped into my lap, I had a moment of regret and panic. Once it was all done though, I really liked it! The act was somewhat impulsive and impetuous, which pretty much fits my mood these days. My hair is growing ridiculously fast now that I'm pregnant, so I reasoned that if I didn't like it, I'd only have to wait a few weeks for it to be a different length & style altogether. :)

The final crazy bit of news is that I found out today that I'm being promoted! The big life changes just keep coming. The new gig is effective July 1 and will likely involve more extensive travel (to the west coast, at that), but it also means I'lll have a direct report and will get the chance to work with and learn from another team. On the whole, I'm pretty darn excited about the change. I did tell my director that I'm expecting, just because it felt like it would be awkward to take this job and then tell her early next week. Better to be upfront and honest now, just so no one feels tricked later on. She was thrilled for me and promised "mum's the word" until I'm ready to share more. It feels good to be "out" to a boss at work and I can't wait until next week when I can tell everyone!

Okay, as it's taken me two days to even write this much, I think it's time for the tracker:


Week: 11
Weight: +4 (total)
Baby is the Size of a(n): Lime! (Holy cow!)
Symptoms: swollen & sore breasts, tired (but fitful sleep), hungry, mild nausea, very vivid dreams and moodiness (short fuse)
Current Obsession: mac & cheese, hot dogs, ice cream (I was begging Mr. B for a Blizzard and we finally went to DQ this weekend!), blueberries, cherries, pancakes, grape tomatoes, and sour candy (I found Lemon Heads!!!)
Current Aversion: beef, eggs, seafood, and anything greasy (this hasn't changed)
Thinking About: our next ultrasound (in just 4 days!), whether we're having a boy or girl, our big reveal surprise, picking nursery furniture, starting a registry and dreaming up names

No comments:

Post a Comment