Sunday, October 9, 2011

Twenty-Nine Weeks!

Oooooh dear, friends. It was a big week for us in a few key ways: last business trip, last monthly OB appointment, and last time feeling like my weight gain is progressing right on track... *gulp* Without further ado, I'd love to share the highlights with you.

  • Special Delivery: Our shopping spree from last week came to fruition this week with scads of gigantic boxes left at our door. Baby now has a crib mattress, changing pad, several protective covers, a car seat with a few bases, a baby carrier, and several other important items. We're starting to feel more ready, but there's still a fair amount to purchase... 
  • Hanging Up My Wings: Baby Girl and I took one last business trip to the west coast this week. These trips have taken a toll on me in many ways, not least of which is some ugly edema of my feet. R actually surprised me before this trip with a brand spanking new pair of compression socks to help reduce the swelling - is he a romantic or what?! I really appreciated it, as it made a noticeable difference in how swollen my feet were after each leg of the trip. After a series of meetings on Thursday, Baby and I went out to have a celebratory pancake dinner, packed up, and hit the hay. We were up well before 4:00 to make the long commute back to the airport and wing our way home. I have seldom been happier to feel the wheels touch down. That was officially my last pre-baby business trip - hooray!
  • Doctor, Doctor: We had our last monthly OB appointment this week - another milestone! It was a relatively monumental visit: I tipped the scales at a shocking number (see below, but don't judge - the doctor said I'm still on track!), my blood pressure was a touch high (but not worrisome), we listened to the baby's heartbeat (156 bpm), measured my fundal height (30 cm!), got an estimate on her position (head down, though it was a bit painful to discover that!!), and I had a flu shot. Both R and I agreed it was a nice visit with my favorite doctor. I now go in every two weeks until week 36!
Okay, that's probably it for this week. Read on for the tracker, and note that I'll try to get a photo or two posted tomorrow.

Week: 29
Weight: +21 pounds (as of Week 29: that's +9 in the past month - ouch!) 
Baby is the Size of a(n): Butternut Squash (~2.5 pounds!)
Symptoms: still always hungry, round ligament and general "growing" pains, really achy pelvis (SPD), tailbone pain, shortness of breath, mental lapses, wacky dreams, and moodiness (noteworthy breakdown: I'm kind of freaking out about keeping my weight gain steady and under control)
Current Obsession: orange juice, oatmeal, red meat, all the vegetables from our farm share (especially squash), apples, cinnamon applesauce, peanut butter, milk and vanilla almond milk
Current Aversion: not much (unfortunately?)
Thinking About: who our little girl will take after; seeing the little elbows, knees, hands and feet she's using to poke and jab at me; finishing up the nursery; securing a pediatrician; taking maternity photos and getting newborn photos scheduled; attending birth classes; choosing a hospital for delivery; and still pondering names
Picture(s)

2 comments:

  1. don't worry about the weight--I gained 40 and lost 50. it was all fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore you, G. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete