Monday, October 3, 2011

Twenty-Eight Weeks

Major milestones this week, friends! 28 weeks marks seven months into this ten month journey* and it's officially the beginning of the third trimester! We're in the homestretch now!

*Side note: why do people say pregnancy lasts nine months? 40 weeks at four weeks per month (on average) is really more like ten months. That is false advertising, I say.

Highlights from this week include:

  • Dinner at Eight: My family was in town last week and we enjoyed a family dinner - Dad, Mom, brother, R and me - at local gastropub Victory 44. It was fun to laugh, chat and nosh together, but we did miss my little sister. The experience made me nostalgic for old times gathered together and excited for new memories we'll make as a big family with the addition of our little girl.
  • It's Friday, Friday: R and I took Friday off together and used the time to run some errands, not least of which was buying me a maternity winter coat and maternity support belt: truly lifesavers! We also bought curtain rods for the nursery in preparation for Mom's completion of that project. The curtains are done, the look fabulous, and I'm excited to post photos when R and I have a minute to snap some!
  • Riding into the Sunset: On Saturday, I drove down to G&G's house to visit with my family. R took the opportunity to ride his bike from our house to theirs - a trip that was 75 miles in the end! It wasn't an easy ride (windier, hillier, and less paved than expected), but he completed the entire ride and still walked the dogs when we got home! He never fails to impress me, and this feat was no exception. I'm just imagining the day - about six months after our little girl is born - when she can be towed along behind Dad on his rides.
  • Ready, Set, Go: R and I were productive this weekend in between family visits and the like. We emptied the nursery of all construction equipment, cleaned out the closet completely (except for the baby's few worldly possessions), and hung the aforementioned curtains. The space looks wonderful: so inviting and warm. I have yet to feel more excited to bring our baby home than I did when standing in the nursery this weekend. 
  • Shop 'Til We Drop: Now that we have a place to put it all, R and I began buying much-needed baby supplies from our registry this weekend. It was pretty fun to place all of those orders and we should receive most of the deliveries this week! It's time to kick into high gear and really get ready for the baby - we're excited!
With that (because I once again fell asleep writing this post), here's the tracker:

Week: 28
Weight: +13 so far (as of our Week Almost-25 official doctor weigh-in) 
Baby is the Size of a(n): Pair of Squash (just over 2 pounds!)
Symptoms: still always hungry, twinging round ligament and general "growing" pains, really achy pelvis (SPD), tailbone pain, shortness of breath, mental lapses (I had to be reminded multiple times to go to the grocery store after work tonight, as well as the items I needed to buy while there!), wacky dreams (dreamed of searching the arctic for friends who had been buried in an avalanche... ?!), and moodiness (noteworthy breakdown: a good, old-fashioned panic attack in the mall parking lot this weekend over how unprepared I feel to have a baby)
Current Obsession: apple cider, oatmeal, red meat, all the vegetables from our farm share (especially potatoes), apples, applesauce, peanut butter, milk and rootbeer
Current Aversion: not much, but seafood is still not my favorite
Thinking About: who our little girl will take after; what her personality will be; working on the nursery; buying the necessities to make our house a home; finding a pediatrician; getting maternity/newborn photos scheduled; choosing a hospital for delivery; and still pondering names (it's hard!)
Picture(s):


No comments:

Post a Comment