Sunday, August 14, 2011

Twenty-One Weeks!

Well I've already posted once this week, so consider this a bonus post!


Obviously the highlight of week 21 was our ultrasound on Thursday. That said, we also had an appointment after the scan and learned a bit. After that, we had a busy weekend preparing for baby. A few additional highlights:

  • Where's My Girl? We learned something interesting about our little girl this week. She likes to lie sideways across my belly, usually with her head on my right and feet on my left side. As if to prove me wrong just now, she just kicked me on the right side of my belly, so clearly this isn't a hard and fast preference. Actually, I can feel her twisting around in there more regularly now, and have once or twice this week watched a little bulge surged across my belly as she moved from one side to the other. It's pretty neat! The doctor talked to us about the position she'll need to be in at delivery, but reassured us that most babies get in position sometime after the 30th week (and sometimes not until the final month). R paled a bit at the thought of a possible C-Section if she's breech, but there's plenty of time for our girl to settle into place.
  • Up, Up & Away: My least favorite part of every month's doctor visit is stepping on the scale. This time I told the nurse I wanted to take off my shoes first because "every little bit counts, right?" She laughed, but obliged me. See the tracker for this week's other big reveal: how much weight I've gained so far! 
  • That's a Super Store: R and I did some research and shopping this weekend, in an effort to get our registry finished and make some decisions about some of the larger items Baby needs. We went to Babies'R'Us for the first time ever and boy oh boy, it's an overwhelming experience! It was helpful to see so many of the items we were considering registering for, as interacting in person clarified some decisions for us. We even saw a cute set of onesies that we fell hard for - once again, it's been confirmed for us that it's really fun to know we're having a little girl!
  • Speaking of Adorable: At a family wedding this evening, one of my aunts gave us our first little girl gift: these precious bibs! I can't get over how cute they are and how much it makes me want to buy other sweet items for our girl. 
 
Oh, and in perhaps the most adorable turn of events tonight, we got to meet the newest baby in the family - is there anything more wonderful than the sweet, sleepy weight of a baby in your arms?
Okay, I could go on, but given how heavy my eyelids feel, I think it's time to get to the tracker and call it a night!

Week: 21
Weight: +9 so far as of our Week 21 official doctor weigh-in (no joke: this is way less than I expected!)
Baby is the Size of a(n): Banana! 
Symptoms: still as hungry as your average teenage boy, occasional dizziness, round ligament pain (especially on the right side - ouch!), tailbone pain when sitting for awhile, very vivid dreams (and uh, weird too), and moodiness (noteworthy breakdown: have started crying at every sad news story - especially ones in which people die - because those people are someone's babies)
Current Obsession: watermelon, oatmeal, heirloom tomatoes, all the vegetables from our farm share (especially corn, cucumbers), apples, peanut butter, red meat, and lemonade
Current Aversion: eggs (this is pretty bearable now)
Thinking About: who our little girl will take after (whose hair will she have? whose eyes? whose temperament?); designing a nursery (it's fun to start collaborating with Mom on this!); finishing up our registry; and dreaming up names (oh, the pressure!)
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment