Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sixteen Weeks!

Another week, another post. So far, week sixteen has been pretty delightful. Here are the highlights:
  • Moving and grooving! Our little babe has been wiggly and squirmy all week, leaving me smiling several times throughout the day. There are times when the thumps (kicks, maybe? They feel like I'm being lightly 'flicked' from the inside...) are strong enough - or well-positioned enough - that I can lightly press my hand on my belly and feel them both inside and outside! I think the fact that I can feel them inside makes the outside feeling more noticeable to me, because R still hasn't been able to feel anything. Won't be long now, I'm sure!
  • New job! I started a new job this week and am finally settled in to my new office, organized, and ready to dig in. It's not as though there's nothing else going on in my life, but it's still fun to take on a new challenge. The wiggling babe in my belly keeps me centered and keeps life in perspective, for which I'm very thankful.
  • Cheer, cheer! R had a major triathlon yesterday, so I went out to support him, and baby - by default - came along. After a good luck kiss, R was in the water for the swim, so I hightailed it out onto the bike course to wait for him. As I walked along, I found a perfect spot where the riders would go by on their way out onto the course, and then back by again in the second half of the ride. My choice of a spot to set up may admittedly have been impacted by the delicious donut smell wafting out of a corner bakery. I plunked down my camp chair on the corner, ordered a glazed donut twist and a water, and sat outside to wait. When R went by, he grinned at me, knowing full well why I was sitting where I was. Around the time he went by, Baby starting wiggling around. Whether excited about the donut or the race, we'll never know. ;)
  • Jet-setting! I'll round out week sixteen with a trip to Seattle for three days of meetings and recreation. It'll be my first time out there, and I'm pretty excited! Luckily, the extreme aversion to seafood has passed, so I'll be enjoying some good eats in addition to taking in the sights. I'll share photos on the week seventeen post. :)
Until that time, how about the tracker?

Week: 16
Weight: -2 during first trimester (will update every four weeks when I visit the doctor for an official measurement, and I go in again on Friday)
Baby is the Size of a(n): Avocado!
Symptoms: tired, hungry, dizzy when I get up too quickly, round ligament pain when sneezing/coughing/shifting positions, tailbone pain when sitting for awhile, heavy & crampy feeling in lower abdomen, very vivid dreams, and serious moodiness (ask R about the multiple times he's come into the kitchen to find me bawling!)
Current Obsession: sweets, blueberries, cherries (we enjoyed many, many cherry treats this week such as jam, pie, pound cake sundaes, and cherry chocolate smoothies thanks to an incredible sale on organic cherries at WFM), waffles/pancakes/French toast, oatmeal, tomatoes, all the vegetables from our farm share, and whole wheat English muffins
Current Aversion: eggs and anything greasy (this is pretty bearable now)
Thinking About: when I'll really pop so that other people can tell I'm pregnant; when R will be able to feel the baby move; whether we're having a boy or girl (should be scheduling our anatomy scan at my appointment on Friday!); designing a nursery; finishing up our registry; and dreaming up names (we have a strong contender for favorite right now!)
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment